Monday 23 March 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to the new blog! I felt it was important to have some sort of presence on the web so this provides at the very least a short term solution. I have to admit I shamefully stole the idea off the Lewes Wanderers. Their blog was fairly well used by their members last year, the idea being that any member who wants to contribute will be given the login details and they can post to their heart's content. Suitable content would include race reports and results, details of upcoming rides or anything else you feel may be of interest. I also think photos can be uploaded which would be good. The more people who contribute the more successful this can be and it takes the weight off any one person being responsible for the upkeep.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Dan
    Its me Steve Curtis (cyclecurt3)

    Well done for setting up the blog. We will see if it encourages any new members.

    Re: Weds chaingang. Best to make it clear that these run from the first week of september until the last week of April

    Also can you add a note to say that there are also friday chaingangs most fridays and that any interested rider should email me to be put onto the email list (there are three versions of the friday rides and they dont happen every week)

    cheers steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and Ivan will be at the Harrow (weather permitting) this sunday 12 April. We are doing the ticehurst circular ride and will happily lead anyone who wants to join us. This ride is 46 miles long but extremely hilly!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, me and Ivan will be doing the 'on yer bike' ride from hastings on sunday 26 April. to make the ride harder first we shall do a hilly loop around battle. Anyone care to join us?

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice one Dan, well done for getting the blog ball rolling. Richard Pettit and I have been talking about doing some road race events, coming up soon are a cat 2,3,4 90km on 19th April at Chilham, a Friday evening short circuit race on 24th April at Hove Park and of course the Lewes Crits in June.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats me chris watson by the way, cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone, managed at last to work out how this works (I think). Just checked the startsheet for the SCA 25 on Sun and Ivan is off 2 mins before Hutch (ha ha ha!) Mike Anton's got some photos of the Catford 10 from last Sat on his website. I think I need to start shaving my legs again - anyone brave enough to supply top tips?

    ReplyDelete