Saturday 10 September 2011

Friday Chaingang Gains A New regular

A very pleasant Friday chaingang on 9 September with myself, Ivan, Paul K, Malc, Simon G all present . Also present was newbie club rider Adrian on his second Friday chain of the season. looks like Adrian will become a Friday regular. This was my first Friday chaingang of the season. Having felt relatively fit on Wednesday, I thought this would be a breeze.This was far from the truth as I had forgotten just how long the drag from rye to broad oak is (about 4 miles) and just how steep the climb up stonestil lane was. My objective there was just to survive the climb, this I did but only barely, all the others including Adrian leaving me in their wake. Hopefully it will be easier for me next week! Still no sign of Paul Baxter- has he gone into hibernation mode again now that summer is over?
S.C

No comments:

Post a Comment