Saturday 7 July 2012

Bewl 6 July- Duncan Turns Pink



Following some earlier heavy rain I wasn't sure what Bewl water would be like to cycle round. When I arrived malc had already done one circuit and said that it was pretty muddy and that we needed to take it easy.I thought to myself "if Malc was saying take it easy it must be bad"! Duncan was there on another one of Dave HH's previous mounts another 29er hard tail in a fetching shade of pink, we all wondered how it would cope with the mud. The mud turned out to be as bad as expected, but we all got round safely slivering and sliding about, I have never seen it in this state before.Myself and Derek were relieved to get round in one piece so we all settled for just the one lap. Once again the 29er came up trumps with the extra tyre contact with the ground giving Duncan more grip than the rest of us old fashioned 26ers. lets hope its drier next week to give Bewl a chance to dry out!
S.C

No comments:

Post a Comment