Saturday 24 November 2012

ESCA Reliabilty Trial Results


See below the overall results for the different clubs that took part in the ESCA reliabilty trial. Note that several riders unreliably finished early, unlike many who hung around outside the Kings Head killing time before they could finish reliably. Between back, spokes and punctures we were only 50% reliable. May be we can improve next year when the RT is liable to start and finish in Groombridge. But six of us were 100% reliable in the longer Kent CA RT a few weeks ago.


A Glorious Day
A glorious day for a ride and sounds as though the injured Rover is on the mend, a salutary lesson in making sure you do not go too fast down hill when a sharp left hand bend is coming up and a reminder that those that know the lanes or roads need to shout clear warnings loudly for the safety of others. I overlooked that same corner a month or so ago and had I been unlucky to have a vehicle coming the other way I would have been in trouble since I have very, very seldom ridden the lane going north and had forgotten how tight the corner is at speed. I always remember the dangerous corner further up the lane coming south from Cade Street and now have two other corners firmly fixed in my mind as being potentially hazardous, yes there is another one near by that I also overlooked on my ride a month or so ago.


Chris P

No comments:

Post a Comment