Saturday 5 October 2013

HSCC Fri Night Ride-4/10 Marcus Meets Stonestile

Pete tadros Looking Impressively Thin!
A perfect weather night for the HSCC Friday Night Ride. When I arrived I was surprised to see local cycling legend, Pete Tadros there. For a moment I thought he was riding with us, but no, he had seen the group assembled and had just come over for a chat. Pete is looking even thinner than normal having beaten himself into the shape for the hill climb season.He told us he was looking forward to eating normally again and putting some flesh on his bones once the season was over. A tail wind was behind us all the way along the coast and through the reserve, giving me a strava PB without much effort. Despite feeling well, I seemed to be finding it tough on the long drag up to broad oak. This turned out to be due to a slow puncture rather than tired legs. I had almost made it up to the top before having to stop in the pitch black to sort it out. A friendly driver had informed the others that I had a puncture and I was touched that the whole group came back down the hill to give me some much needed light to fix it. This was my first puncture on the schwalbe durano tyres I have recently gone over to and the tyres were impressively easy to get off and back on. Fixing the puncture in good time we proceeded to stonestile without incident. Ivan was absolutely knackered and had to get off almost immediately on the ascent. last week Marcus missed out on the climb but this week he was there suffering with the others
No Wrong turns For Marcus This Week
 as he made it to the top in good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment