Monday 20 August 2012

ESCA 100

Not sure how this blogging works so forgive any oddities in my first attempt.

Chris enjoying a nice cup of tea after the 100
Chris, Malcolm and I rode the ESCA 100 on Sunday.  It was the first event I have had where the weather was nice, although inevitably we had a few spots of rain at the end just to remind us what the year has been like.

Malcolm did a fine 4:40 for his first 100 (yes I am envious as this was my target for the day).   I have finally realized that parents do know best.  Mother (Esther) has always told me to go like mad at the end of an event if someone is just in front because you invariably will make up just that second or two to duck under the minute. I have done this in several events this year, including the 100, which saw me do 4:51:59.  Chris did a 5:33 which I think he was pleased with as it was a six minute improvement on last year.  I suspect if he had the aero equipment he would knock great chunks of his time.  As you can see he looks pretty happy in the hall - although not too sure about the hairstyle.

The KCA 12 is in two weeks so this is pretty much the end of my racing for this year; although Malcolm is now leading the club BAR so I may have one more go at a 25 to try and beat 25 mph and wrest the title from him - ok so you can dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment