Saturday 26 January 2013

26/1- Early Bird Reverse Friday

On arrival at Stamco for the early bird at 8:00 I was surprised to see Chris P there. I know Chris loves a bacon butty but two hours in the cafe before the bacon butty ride at 10:00??
For Once, The Weather Did Not Let Us Down!
The early morning rain had just cleared and the forecast promised some sunshine . Good to see Metin out on an early bird again (only his second of the season). As most of us had dropped some form over the last few weeks due to the Arctic weather , we set off at a steady pace. I was anxious to see what state the roads were in after all the rain and frost but it was surprisingly good except for Dumb Woman's Lane which is now in a very poor condition, here it was hard to avoid the puddles and some of them were deeper than they looked. We were however beeing treated to plenty of sunshine, John V reckoned it felt like the first day of spring but I can't say I agreed as having forgotten my overshoes my feet were completely frozen. The route finished with the turn off near Guestling towards Three Oaks. It was here that Metin missed the turn but surprisingly he managed to find another route and we were all back together by the end. This was our best spot of weather for many weeks, lets hope we get some more for the reliability trial next Sunday!
30.5 miles
13.6 average


No comments:

Post a Comment