Thursday 28 March 2013

Weds Chaingang 27/3- The South Cliff Slog

Duncan Coulter Rides His Second Chaingang

With Chris "ChainGang" Watson unavailable, Steve was forced to scrape the barrel for a CG report so here briefly is my view of the action.

Most aggressive rider Simon N once again set the pace initially going out to Pevensey,  with Malcolm behind on fixed and the rest of the group strung out behind.

The South Cliff Slog formed a smaller group as Malcolm raced up the slope on his steel fixie, forcing those riders not quite prepared off the back. From there on out Stuart D and I took turns on the front out to Spooky Hill, Stuart riding strongly into a wind that seemed to change direction often, never being helpful.

On the descent of Spooky I took to the front and went as fast as my little legs would allow, continuing until a K or so from the finish, where I promptly blew up and was immediately passed by the bunch and spit out the back. From my distant vantage point I saw the group wind up for the sprint, Stuart Hodd looking strong, but couldn't see who pipped it, sorry!

Reaching Pevensey I took the route through Wartling home, so missed the return action, see you all next week.

Matt

PS- Tadros Alert Tadros Alert Tadros Alert Tadros Alert Tadros Alert Tadros Alert Tadros Alert
Pete Intends to do the chaingang next Wednesfield and intends to record it on Starva !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment