Saturday 1 March 2014

28/2 HSLCC Fri Night Ride- Another Solo Run

After Wednesday the calm of the Friday night chain-gang.Misinformed again by the Met office I got another soaking but am pleased to inform all it was an incident free night.Fine riding was being practised,no cutting up or sudden braking and definetly no wheel sucking but you will have to take my word for it for like Steve two weeks ago I rode solo.Riding alone I was glad I had my commiserations from Ridelondon shower top on, I could easily be tracked by the space station in that one, a gaudy high vis little number but ideal for lonley nights.It arrived home the same colour as it went out courtesey of my mudguards and no other spraying wheels.The only incident of note was a tickeling of the inside of my thigh I started to get on the Rye road,I was starting to enjoy it but thought I better see why it was happening and found my saddle pouch had sprung a hole and my tyre levers where hanging out just about to jump ship ! Its good to hear from Chris W up in the badlands he is a much missed member of this club, well I am doing the Puncheur tomorrow with its Ditchling Beacon finish, safe riding and hope to see you all soon, Simon G  p.s. I hope its not too long before we see Todd out again

Simon G

1 comment:

  1. Hi Simon
    Nice report, though not surprised that you were out riding :)
    MikeP

    ReplyDelete