Thursday 17 February 2011

Chaingang Report Feb 16th

A peaceful chaingang tonight with a good turn out of 11. A good temperature well above freezing and a mild headwind on the way back. Good to see Mike and jay back in the chain after some time away. Mike did particularly well considering the last chaingang he did was nearly a year ago. Also good to see dave from Eastbourne out with us again after his first chaingang last week, it looks like Dave will become a new regular. Pace seemed to me to be a bit slower than normal, it must have been, as I managed to stay with the peloton past spooky hill and I cant remember the last time that happened!!
S.C.
Pace seemed pretty hard to me but then I've missed the last three weeks, so everyone else must be getting stronger and I've slid back some. A hundred yards from Pevensey roundabout, a certain fixed rider pulled his foot out of the binding and careened around on one leg at 100rpm for a bit before a spectacular header into (what luck!) a handy muddy ditch. No harm done, wayward SPD pedal now set to max clampage. Very enjoyable night had by all I think.
C.W.

No comments:

Post a Comment