Saturday 12 February 2011

Early bird report & bacon butty run

A great early bird ride today (sat 12 feb). The weather was wetter than the forecast predicted but it did slowly clear up. We took a steady pace (five riders), not too fast and still felt good after completing the 50 mile 'high and over' route. Good to see duncan out on his first early bird ride and good to see how well he is riding especially on his new specialized.
SC

After a bit of a lie in and a trip to the Post Office to pick up my parcel from Ribble I met Pete C a little later than usual and we set out for Pevensey. I had two punctures on the way out, good job the parcel contained two sets of tyres. The small breakfast in Pevensey Bakery is soooooo good at £3.60 with coffee. We rode straight back and happened to meet up with the early birds as they rolled out of the Cafe on the Beach at Glynde Gap. I rode back with them then locked my bike up by the library in good time for the Man Utd v Man City game where Pete and Dave D joined me for a fantastic winner from Wayne Rooney. Must do a few more miles one of these Saturdays ....
Chris Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment