Tuesday 29 November 2011

Eastbourne GP Cat 3 road race May 22nd 2011

Just found this fun youtube clip from Handsling's Cam of the Eastbourne road race I did back in May with Pete Hooper (Fuga) and Dan Henchy (PB Science) I'm number 26 in the red Hastings jersey. You can see us all smiling on the start line, and several times later on - not so smiley! We raced 10 laps of the seafront with a sharp little climb each lap and then 2 laps of Beachy Head. I stayed near the front till the top of the big climb out of town where I watched the lead group open a gap into a really nasty headwind then hung onto the chasing group till I dropped my chain downshifting for Beachy. Did the others stop and wait for me to get the chain back on - sporting fashion? No, they're off like Contador! Mighty Mike Coyle of the Mitre won - here's a proper race report from the sharp end . . . since fitted a chain catcher.

1 comment:

  1. Big thanks to Shaun Reed, Graeme Hadlow and everyone else who helped organise the fantastic program of events over the Eastbourne Cycling Festival, a large number of our club took part in the Sportive, lets hope it happens again next year.

    ReplyDelete