Thursday 24 November 2011

New Blood - Chaingang 23rd Nov

19 riders & good to see Chris Parker back out on the bike recovering from his running injury. This week we were proud to be honoured with some new blood in the shape of Todd and Josh, one rides for a team in Flanders and the other is a top triathlete. Welcome and hope to see you again next week lads. In fact Matt warned me we were going to get **** ****d and as we rolled out to Galley Hill the excuses began to drop thick and fast - "Actually -I've got a really bad cold", "I missed last week", "I've got a broken leg", "me too" and the rest.

We got a little chain going at the front, then Matt broke away at Bexhill with Todd in his wheel. I was unwilling to drag a strong bunch up to another Hastings jersey, so I marked Josh ready to follow a move. Malc had a go at closing the gap, then I tried to bridge alone but couldn't shake the others, sorry Matt! By the Star Inn we'd regrouped. Todd made a big dig up Spooky Hill, others countered but no-one was strong enough to stay clear for long. Matt kindly offered to lead me out to the roundabout where out of the pack came Eastbourne John with a strong late finish.

Wayback was swift again with Ivan and Malc doing lots of work on the front, Simon Grogan and Simon Newell going well too, I had a stealthy wee dig for the checkerboard outside chairman Stuart's house. Matt came through to open a good gap for a while, but I was too tired to help him so it came down to a bunch finish at the 30 sign. Matt opened a large gap again on way home, big thanks to Malc and Ivan for sharing work to bring him and his immaculately clean bike back.

Any more ideas or votes for the club social/ prizegiving in February? Stephen from Eat@the Stade has offered us same sort of deal as last year in his new venue, also Nick at St. Clements next to Horse & Groom, St. Leonard's has offered us the whole room and a 2 or 3 course menu.

Friday chaingang as usual, Fairlight Lodge 7.30
Text Chris Parker for the Saturday morning bacon butty ride.
Sunday run Harrow, 9.30

No comments:

Post a Comment