Monday 2 April 2012

Chaingang- Into the Light 28 March


This was the first weds chaingang since the clocks went forward, so it was quite a novelty to meet in the light. It was an excellent turnout with many riders, I intended to count everyone at Pevensey but never got the chance. A warm welcome to Nick's partner Maxine on her first chaingang, riding a carbon specialized that she had recently bought from Paul B.Pete Tadros was on flying form as usual and set off at the front with everyone in pursuit. I was in a group near the back with Paul B, and Derek. As we arrived at Herbrand walk I was waved down by Simon G who has suffered a puncture from a pebble and couldn't fix it as his pump had packed up a few days before. My pump wasn't fairing much better so we had to flag down the next rider to come along , Chris Parker. My pump then decided to play ball and we soon had the tyre up. We were hoping to make it to the roundabout before the chaingang turned for home but they passed us about 5 minutes before the end. Working as a team we headed back determined to at least meet up with them at Bexhill but unfortunately we got caught by the barriers at the crossing. The only riders I eventually caught up with were Maxine and nick on Galley hill. good to see Chris Parker getting back in form as I could not drop him on the way back despite my best efforts.
S.C

No comments:

Post a Comment