Friday 4 May 2012

4 May- Matt Joins the Friday Chaingang


Great turnout tonight with all the regulars (bar Paul b and Ant). I was very pleased to see Simon N out on only his second ever Friday chaingang .. On the way down battery Hill my gears kept changing sprockets on their own it, I put this down to corrosion in the cables after last weds rain. At the bottom of battery hill I heard a familiar voice and looked round to see Matt who had turned up for his first ever Friday chaingang.My gears were still playing up and I made a mental note to spray up all the cables at the weekend ,but on reaching the Rye harbour entrance suddenly my chain locked up, what was going on? On closer inspection I realised one of the links had broken, unbelievable, my third broken chain in less than six months!!. Fortunately I was well prepared with a chain breaker and a 'missing link' and had it repaired in about the same time it takes to fix a puncture (Malcolm would be proud of me!). Matt being one of our strongest riders found the long drag up to Broadoak no problem at all and flew up Stonestile lane at the end. He was so quick that I didn't have time to take his pic for the blog but managed to get a nice snap of Simon N on 'Old faithful' instead.
S.C

No comments:

Post a Comment