Sunday 30 September 2012

Surrey Sussex VTTA "25"

My last event of the year and a relief it is over so no more early mornings.  It was freezing cold at Uckfield for the start of the 25, even though first man off was not until 8 o'clock.  Obviously the other club racing men realized several weeks ago what conditions would be like as I was the sole club representative.

There did not appear to be any wind.  Not that it made any difference.  I struggled round in 1:06:43 (I think that is 4 seconds slower than the club 30 mile record!!)  The mind and heart were willing but regretfully all communications with my legs ceased as I got out of my very warm car at the HQ.  As ever there is always someone who ignores the conditions.  There were several 54 minute rides and Nick Dywer won with a 54:05 (I think).  It was so cold that Lillian and Sue who do the refreshments had to give first aid to a chap who had mild hypothermia.

Anyway the racing bike is put away until next year - season starts on 1 January with the Southbrough Wheelers New Years Day ten at Bethersden, which is always fun, and hopefully I will see a few of you at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment