Thursday 11 October 2012

Wednesday Chaingang 7: New Record, 27 riders.

George

Jack
Steve Curtis reports "Altogether there were 27 riders which I think is a record. Doing the chaingang for the first time was young George Morris, unfortunately his front wheel was rubbing badly on the way out but we managed to reseat it for the ride back. Barney was there but I didn't get chance to talk to him, was this his first chaingang?

Getting the award for the coldest rider is young Jack (on only his seond chaingang) who was in summer gear and did admit to feeling cold on arrival at Pevensey"

I arrived late again, having opted to test out my roadbike freshly prepped with some new bits for the  hillclimb season, fresh rings and a new custom wheel from Alasdair  Gow at Wheelcraft -  he specced a strengthened drive side after I told him I was always popping spokes, I find box section rims are a bit more comfy compared to the stiffer V section.   Phoenix in Eastbourne also build excellent bespoke wheels tailored to your requirements. Of course I had to return to the  house to torque up the rattling 12-27 cassette I'd just fitted, and later on I had to pull over and adjust my seat which was sinking lower and lower, should have taken it for a prior shakedown.

Seeing the crystal snake of riders approaching across the black marsh I did a u-turn in advance, didn't fancy a chase this week . Usual lively ride back to Bexhill with everyone having a go to crack the group,  only John Cordner escaped just before the end - strong to the finish like Popeye.

No comments:

Post a Comment