Sunday 24 February 2013

Andalacia MTB Stage race-Day 1


Our very own Dave HH is taking part in the Andalacia MTB Stage race.
He is keeping us abreast of his progress through the 6 stages
Dave writes:

Hi Steve I have just ridden the 1st stage (Of 6 days) of the Andalucia MTB stage race.
We started under sunny skies and about 13 C. We climbed a long way after the  start. It was just unbelievable to see such big crowds by the technical up and down bits. I never thought I would ever have spectators patting me on the back and pushing me as I went by.   My team mate Jeremy (The race is teams of 2.) punctured on a downhill bit which was through a very rocky river. He was the only one trying to ride, everyone else was walking. We lost nearly an hour as it was a side wall puncture and just did not want to mend.
It was so nice to ride in short sleeves and shorts after the weather we have had at home.
Our time was 5.45 which had us very near the back of the field after the most amazing decent back to Cordoba.
My legs and all over basically is/are aching like anything.  It will be interesting to see how the legs go tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment