Monday 25 February 2013

Andalacia MTB Stage race-Day 2

Picture Taken from The Hotel Window-Dave Is Down There Somewhere!

We rode a shorter stage today than yesterday but it was much, much tougher. There was 300m more climbing but it was difficult technical terrain. We pushed or carried our bikes over so many unrideable sections both up and sometimes down that we lost count. I have never ridden such a demanding course in my life.
We spent half an hour this morning, drying our shoes with the hotel room hair dryer and the first river/forge came after about 2 miles-LOL. I think we went through 30 rivers today.

Still the skies were blue and we rode in shorts and short sleeves. We got back after 7.16 which was 1 1/2 hours longer than yesterday. I have so many aches I can hardly move. Tomorrow is supposedly even tougher but the real tough days come on Wednesday and Thursday with over 3500m of climbing on both days.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment