Saturday 15 June 2013

14/6 Bewl Water Reunion

I was a little worried about how muddy Bewl Water would be after all the rain we had on Wednesday, but as Friday night's weather was the warmest and sunniest of a miserable week, I thought it would be a crime not to go. Also going for the first time this season was Derek and Paul. David Earl was there again with his work mate Ian Davies . David introduced us all but Paul recognised Ian straight away as it turned out they had both ridden the 'South Downs Randonnee' many years ago and Paul even remembered what bike Ian was riding (he is very obsessive about mtbs) . There was to be no easy first lap as Paul, Ian, Dave and Duncan set off at a pace that soon left myself and Derek behind. About half way round we caught up with Dave and Ian as Ian had had to stop with a puncture. I forgot just how hard it is riding this route compared to the road, it took me ages to really get the old muscles working well in the first lap. Normally I find the second lap easier but that night I just got more and more tired. I did have a bit of a temperature and a sore throat so I will put my poor performance down to that. Still an enjoyable workout though.No Ivan last night as he phoned to say he had twisted his ankle, lets hope he is OK to ride with us off road on Sunday?
Hello Ian
More Fun Than Time Trials!


No comments:

Post a Comment