Saturday 22 June 2013

Bewl Water 21/6- Speechless

Setting Off For Lap One
John S On His New MTB
Having had a severe throat infection that left it almost impossible to talk, I thought I would still go to Bewl water but only do one lap. On arriving and meeting up with the others a rider came past as I unloaded my bike, it was Paul Baxter who only had chance to shout out that he had already done two laps and was setting off on his third! Riding with him was John Gumble .last to arrive was John S on his new mtb that he had slowly accumulated bits for over the winter, its quite an unusual bike with an rare frame and long 150mm forks(John was made up with how it rode). I went off a minute before the others to take an action shot of the group and by the time I had put away my camera, the others had flown. I managed to catch up with Derek and  was glad to see that the others were all waiting for us part way up the nasty road section. We rode in formation with Ian at the front all the way back to the start. All the way around the circuit I was looking forward to finish, putting away the bike and head home early but feeling guilty at only doing one lap and knowing I would not be riding at the weekend, I decided I just had to do another. Joseph, John and Duncan were all up for lap two. We rode together for about a third of the circuit but on the steep road section hill, Joseph shot passed us like a demon ascender on the superfast and light carbon 29er he had borrowed from work and Duncan ground away from myself and John up the incline. For much of the way back I was pleased to be able to follow John but he slowly got away from me, leaving a solitary, tired but satisfied arrival back at the start.



No comments:

Post a Comment