Saturday 9 November 2013

The Lone Warrior

The 'Troll' Puts Stonestile To Shame!
With 2 out of 3 forecasts predicting a dry night I was a bit surprised to find myself being lone chain-ganger.I wanted to ride what with Saturday looking grim and Sundays ride will be short so I can get to the Remembrance ceremony.Riding on your own in the dark certainly sharpens your senses and this was enhanced by coming across 2 lads in the gloom at the bottom of Stonestile with their car parked jauntily in the hedge.I was rather relieved when on enquiring they said they where ok as I didn't really fancy stopping.The rest of the climb up Stonestile reminded me a bit of Trollsfjord in Norway where some of the shapes and shadows get your mind a bit more active than it needs to be.Just an aside I Have signed up for the Tour of Flanders Challenge next April.Well it didn't rain and I am glad I got out,hope to see you all
, Simon G

No comments:

Post a Comment