Thursday 20 February 2014

19/2- HSLCC Chaingang- View From The Back

Expected a large turnout for chaingang as first reasonable evening for weeks . Mild little wind and appeared no rain .
Had been looking at blog and reports from those who had turned out in horrendous weather in last few weeks. The banter was along the lines of what bad weather !! .
We gradually built up to eleven ( I think ) riders and as each turned up I was thinking of how long they would have to wait for me at Pevensey. I decided to set off early . Malcolm and  Tom  also left early a bit after me . Tom passed me at cooden and pulled me and Malcolm along , Malcolm has an injury that has kept him out for some time.
It was raining ( again ) by time got to Star our little train had a near miss with a car on the bridge as  due to rain did not see car but think car got the bigger shock .
Tom (sporting his new derailleur ) pulled us to pevensey in the drizzle, but 500 metres from end the train of the other riders came flying past and that is first time I have seen how fast they go.
The return journey was on my own as Malcolm had got his body working a bit better .
Derek

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog - from a different perspective :)
    Good stuff
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice blog from a different perspective :)
    must try to make the next chaingang now the weather's improving
    all the best
    Mikep

    ReplyDelete