Sunday 18 May 2014

16 May- HSLCC Fri Night Ride- Knee Bother

Diego's Knee Holds Up Well!
With the best Friday night weather for a ages it was surprising that we only had four riders. One of these was Diego who I was very surprised to see as he dislocated his knee just a couple of weeks ago. Diego explained that he just had to get out and ride and that he thought his knee would be OK as long as he took it easy on the hills. I had only just made it to  the start of the ride in the nick of time, as on pulling my bike out of the cellar I discovered a rear puncture that I managed to fix in record time, however in my haste I had forgotten to twist the cable adjuster on the rear calliper. this was something I only discovered as I tried to scrub off some speed on the decent of battery Hill. Reaching behind with one hand while scrabbling for the lever just an  inch away from a rotating tyre on a  decent is not something I would recommend doing, but on this occasion all went well and I had a working rear brake again. The rest of the ride proceeded without incident as we just enjoyed being out in such lovely weather. Steve D was back out on his carbon bike which meant his  climbing ability was greatly improved from last week, so he and John S
 were soon gone out of sight up the Broad Oak drag but I had good company with Diego staying with me all the way up to the top. We were a bit disappointed to see that no resurfacing work had been done on Stonestile, perhaps next week?

No comments:

Post a Comment