Saturday 24 May 2014

24/5 HSLCC BBR Ride- Sunshine And rain!

Listening to all the heavy rain outside my bedroom window in the morning I was relieved that I had made the decision to cancel the Early Bird Special ride (Nemesis) basing my decision  on  a dodgy weather forecast. By about 9:00  the rain had stopped, would it hold off long enough for a Bacon Butty Ride? It was worth a go! I arrived at the bridge cafe with only 5 minutes to spare and was surprised to see no one else there. It looked like I would be doing a BBR ride on my own, at least I wouldn't have to wait to get my food served up to me at Chile farm! I needn't have worried though, as in the next three minutes I was joined by Lee, Steve D, Duncan , and Malcolm D. Then at galley hill we came upon Malcolm C and Pete B who had done a pre BBR ride but had been delayed due to a hat trick of punctures.
BBR Veteran Enjoys A Short Bout Of Sunshine!
Malcolm D knows the BBR route like the back of his hand so we were all happy to take his lead on the classic BBR route, taking a little more care down the country lanes due to the wet slippery gravel . By Chile farm the sun was out and it was feeling pleasantly warm as we munched through our sustenance.On leaving the farm I had ditched the vest and wind proof but began to regret this as by Pevenesey the sky was ominously dark, the wind had picked up and the temperature had dropped a good few degrees. Things got worse so that by  Bexhill it was proper rain and we were all soaked through. At least I didn't have far to go, I would not liked to have been Lee,who would have to endure the rain all the way back up to the ridge and along to battle.Despite the rain, this was another very enjoyable BBR ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment