Wednesday 5 August 2015

4/8 Tuesday Training- Even more riders

Another lovely evening for  'Tuesday Training'.

Steve B turned up with his new kodak camcorder to try to record the ride for posterity although the plastic mount wasn't too clever and seemed to be shaking rather a lot. Unfortunately Steve was unable to record the whole ride as the memory ran out before the end so we might try again at a later time.

Steve F has followed my recommendations and bought some spd shoes and pedals. As expected he is made up with them and this has given him a massive boost in power.

The five starters set off down battery hill where as usual we saw the familiar figure of Paul B climbing up battery Hill before stopping and turning round to catch us up (I don't know why Paul doesn't just set off from home a little earlier and meet us at the start?)

This week we stayed together as a group all the way to the main Rye road with Steve B doing most of the work at the front. Turning round just to check we were all together I just caught sight of a rider with a fluorescent orange top which I couldn't recognise. was he one of us, I wondered?

Kerri And JV Catch Us Up At Broad-Oak!
Sweeping past the Rye chip shop for the start of the Broad Oak drag , I glanced behind to see if 'Day Glow Orange' guy was still with us but there was no sign of him. It was then that Steve F informed me it was Gareth's brother Keri! Feeling guilty that we may have dropped him, I told the others I would wait for him at the bottom.

After waiting for some minutes I decided to give up and did my best to try to catch up with the others but to no avail as they were all waiting for me at the top when I finally arrived.

There was a little time to catch my breath while Paul was fiddling with his brakes and then just as we were about to set off, kerri in his unmissable jersey appeared together with the unexpected figure of JV.

Successful First Ascent For kerri!
It turned out that JV had been running late. Despite putting in a furious pace he missed the start only to come across kerri on Rye road. The two of them decided on a more sociable pace up to broad Oak .

This gave us a record Tueday group size of eight riders.

We took it easy to Westfield just to make sure that kerri didn't get lost , we didn't want him to miss out on his first ever ride up Stonestile, lol.

Its incredible how quickly steve F's climbing has improved, especially now that he has gone clipless. Despite my best efforts, steve was ahead of me on Stonestile but at a crucial moment his chain jammed which gave me the chance to get and stay ahead.

There was a short delay while we awaited the arrival of Kerri, who successfully made the climb without getting off, so the obligatory photo had to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment