Wednesday 19 August 2015

Tuesday training- Our First Wet One

All of the weather forecasts indicated a dry but cloudy evening so I was disappointed to feel light rain as I dragged my bike out of the cellar.

After five minutes trying to find my long forgotten waterproof I was running a little late  and so had to put the hammer down a little as I headed up the steep hills of Barley lane.

By the time I reached the Lodge I  was badly overheating in my sweaty waterproof  and came across Dave and Paul C sheltering under a tree. keri was also supposed to be with us but for the third time running he was running late and went on to miss the start!

Getting wet was preferable to getting cooked so the sweaty waterproof was stuffed into a back pocket.

By the time we headed down Battery Hill the rain had eased off to intermittent spots so hopefully our body heat would keep our jerseys dry . Sure enough with the light winds we soon reached a comfortable body temperature.

Fortunately The Rain Has Almost Stopped by Broad-Oak
Dave and I dropped Paul on the Broad-Oak drag and waited for him to catch up but Paul told us to go ahead at our own pace. Dave is a bit faster than me on the drag so he did most of the work as we stayed together all the way up to the top, Paul s climbing has definitely improved as he arrived at the top only a short time after us , although we did have to stop briefly to sort out my back light.



Another good performance from Paul gave him a possible PB for Stonestile.

As we enjoy this route so much and want to make the most of the light evenings before the darkness of autumn/winter descends, we have decided to extend the 'Tuesday Training' season until the end of September!

Steve C

No comments:

Post a Comment