Wednesday 5 August 2015

Malc C Completes 'Ride 100'

Hi all

 What a great day.

I really enjoyed riding on closed roads with thousands of likeminded people.

I looked out for two others from work and others from HCC but didn’t see anyone I knew.

This was not surprising as over 25k riding

The weather was a little colder at the start than I expected and didn’t take off my arm warmers until after Newlands Corner when I think the sun came out.

I don’t do Strava but I can give you a few stat’s from my Garmin for those that may be interested.

Distance ridden – 100.07 miles ( I forgot to turn it on at the start so probably an extra 0.5 or so miles)

Time – 5:18:02 ride time that is, excluding comfort breaks, you older guys know that us mature men need to stop one a more regular basis.

I would like to point out that I rode the full route and did not take a short cut as I have heard that another has done on a previous sportive.

Average speed – 18.88

Max speed – 44.68

Calories used – 7483

Shuffling start At Waterden Road!
Leith Hill was tough but don’t know what all the fuss is about Box Hill as that was not that difficult at all, I think that was due to all the training rides I have enjoyed with the club.

I kept a fairly good pace throughout the ride and passed many more people than passed me.

I upped my speed for the last 30 or so miles as it was very flat and I felt good, the cheering crowds obviously helped, this helped bring up my average time. The last few miles I tucked in with a local London cycle group “look mum no hands”, who were cruising along at a fair old lick. I have previously noticed an expensive café opposite my work place which has the same name so guess there must be a connection. Should go and say hello sometime soon.

I felt strong for the run in through central London so I could have pushed it a bit harder earlier on. Next year maybe.
At The Top Of Box Hill!

I must say I was very pleased with my time. Not bad for an old heavyweight. Having had a crash the w/end before I was unsure if I would be able to complete it at all as my knee was, and still is swollen and bruised but it gave me no great problems just a few twinges.

The ride ended with a massage and tasty snacks laid on by the charity.

I will definitely enter the ballot for next years ride

 Thanks to those of you that have already  sponsored me, the link is still open for those that would like to contribute to a very worthwhile cause.

Children with Cancer.

 http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/malcolmcarr1


Kind Regards

Malcolm C

No comments:

Post a Comment