Friday 24 December 2010

A brace of Simons on Chain Gangs

Only a brace of the three Simons were brave enough to venture out on the weds chaingang (22 Dec). Despite the cold they were able to do the normal Norman's bay route as there was no ice. Looking ahead to the weather , temperatures should be around normal next week so hopefully attendance will improve.
S.C

The previous week (15 Dec) the brace had already set off when I arrived a few minutes late (train delays, no surprise) but they turned back to get me. They are too strong for me and I said go ahead but they held back for me a regain a wheel a few times before they pulled too far ahead coming out of Bexhill. My front tire was going flat so I stopped outside the Star Inn to change the tube. I set out to Pevensey but soon turned round to tag along with the returning brace. Unfortunately I had not been able to find the source of the puncture and by Cooden it was flat again. This time the minute flint was found so I was OK for the return run in to Hastings after a dry ride in reasonable temperatures. Those that were put off by a damp afternoon missed out on a good evening.
Chris Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment