Thursday 30 December 2010

Simon chaingangs alone Dec 29th

Icy weather and a persistent cough has kept me off the bike for a month so I was keen to get out. With an hour to go I whipped the mudguards from an old frame in the the attic and wrangled them on to the Scot. Of course this turned out to be more troublesome than I anticipated and I arrived late. Set off in hot pursuit helped by a good tailwind -but as the fog cleared I couldn't see any tail lamps up ahead so paused to replace a weak headlamp battery, spare was flat! Soon after I met Simon Grogan returning alone and we rode back to Bexhill together, Simon said he felt unfit after the hols but was steadily powering through the headwind alright, my legs were wooden by the end, but felt good to break the ice of a long lay-off. See you next week.
Chris Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment