Monday 6 December 2010

Sunday Run 5 December

I was one of those that dropped out of the hack ride, not fancying a very wet backside (from the melted snow) on the stops and heavy rain was forecast. [I made it for the curry and drinks in the evening though] Sunday's weather was as expected dry but cold and no frost. I was at the Harrow as usual. So where was everyone that dropped out of the hack ride?!!?

I had a good ride with five Bayeux tops. Normans Bay, Hankham, Hailsham, Arlington tea rooms. Once or twice I thought I might not hold on but I kept with them all the way out. After coffee we went up to Lower Dicker then took the main road back to Glynde Gap. I and one of the other guys were off the pace and rode together from Herstmonceux until we met up with the front four at the top of Standard Hill.

It was not a long ride but the roads were mostly dry apart from a few places where there were floods of melt water.

I was pleased to have finally got some overshoes. I ordered some from Ozzo/Mike Dyason at 6.30am Monday morning and had a card through my letter box when I got home Tuesday evening to say my neighbour had the parcel of goodies. I did not realise Mike Dyason had retired and sold the business to IMP. The prices seem a bit higher but for basic es they are still pretty good.

I will not be having a bacon butty ride on Saturday 11th and am not able to ride Sunday 12th. Hopefully some of you will meet at the Harrow and organise your own route.

Chris Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment