Saturday 25 February 2012

Fri Chaingang 24 Feb - Diesel Spill


Good to see Joe and Malcolm back on the Friday chaingang after the big freeze plus their respective holidays. Also Steve Denny was there after his holidays. This made 8 riders in all. Malcolm and Nick took a spill on the road on the bend where the rye harbour road joins the main rye road, this was caused by some diesel on the road, luckily they both escaped unhurt although it may have damaged some of their cycle clothes.On the ride up to Broadoak Steve surprised me by beating me to the top (secret training?). Joe's knees were playing up after all the skiing he has done recently so he had to keep to the mainroad and avoid Stonestile. Paul Baxter is getting his fitness back and soundly beat me and some of the others up Stonestile lane. Being back on my Raleigh after a week on the Giant SCR made me realise just how much better handling downhill the Giant is, at one point I had to get off and check there wasn't a puncture on the back as there was so much lateral movement , from now on i am using the SCR for the friday chaingang.
S.C AV speed 15.9 mph

No comments:

Post a Comment