Thursday 23 February 2012

Light Steady Chaingang 22nd Feb

"Scotch mist" is a light steady drizzle Wikipedia
Wednesday night's weather forecast from XCweather.com promised plenty mist, 9°c and another strong South Westerly. No rain - Ideal! Observed a fine precipitation on leaving the house, but rolled out anyway, optimistic that it would  stop any minute. Wasn't expecting a big bunch but there were fourteen of us turned out for another Wednesday night spin to Pevensey.  
Welcome new face Andy Coulter, and  thanks for snapping Charlie Carder with his new project - a very clean looking fixed gear Dawes Kingpin - something completely different.


Simon Newell led us up to Galley Hill, Jon Moulton said he wasn't going near the front then helped drive the bunch with a generous share of strong work - his regime to break the hour off to a good start. Charlie took a spell along Cooden Beach, and even I pulled my share as that South Westerly tried to grind us down.

Some of us chatted at the halfway stop about bike fit and stuff - I used this book by Bernard Hinault - the next highest scoring rider to Merckx who I guess didn't really have the sport science available to him that Hinault and team La Vie Claire pioneered. In an ideal world  I'd get a proper bike fit - on a power meter - with a wind tunnel. Meantime I'm using this old book my Dad gave me!

Simon Newell started hot on the way back,  shame we didnt have a speedo on that tailwind. Simon Grogan " When I spit it usually  goes back - but it went forward instead !" Nathan and I were catching up with traffic approaching Bexhill, he caught me sat in and jumped for the prime - nice work - gears definitely an advantage tho' (cough!) 

Don't forget the ESCA hardriders 15 mile hilly timetrial is on March 18th, starting at Bodle Street Green at 10am. Entries to Peter Moon by 2nd March. 

2 comments:

  1. Do you know where i can get a pro forma for the entry? and also how do I get the entry to pete moon? what is his adress etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. www.britishcycling.org.uk/zuvvi/media/bc.../CTT_Entry_Form.pdf

    Sunday 18 Mar 2012

    15.06miles Hardriders

    course: GS/895

    HQ: Bodle Street Green Village Hall

    send entry form & cheque for £8.00 to:

    Peter Moon, 73 Wannock Lane, Eastbourne,
    East Sussex BN20 9SG

    Tel: 01323 485180

    ReplyDelete