Saturday 27 July 2013

Bewl Water- Singles Hour

Single Or Double?
Steve D Has Gone Full Suss!
Now that we have moved on a month beyond the summer equinox I was happy to use the fading daylight hours as a good excuse to do a single loop rather than a double loop of Bewl. Paul B and Steve D were waiting for me and Derek when we arrived, they had  already done one loop. this was very mild for Paul as the last time he came to Bewl he completed nine laps continuously (that's got to be a record!) . Knowing I only had one lap to do made it much more enjoyable as I could push myself  a bit harder  knowing that I would not have to save energy for the second (endurance lap) . I managed to hold Paul and Steve in sight as far as the halfway road section but they lost me soon after that. Derek was last man home by some margin but this turned out to be caused by his rear hydraulic calliper rubbing badly on the disc. For me, this was the most enjoyable Bewl ride this season, from now on I am a singles man rather than a double.

No comments:

Post a Comment