Monday 1 July 2013

Friday Chaingang 28 June- Twinkle Toes

Tank And Big Andy
Another three man gang this week gathered at Fairlight on a damp winter’s… I mean summer’s evening. Big Andy Foster and myself met in Battle and rode to Fairlight together where we waited for a while before Steve “tank engine“ Denny joined us to make it 3. No sign again this week of retro brothers Deeble and Watson. Deeble I know was headlining Glastonbury with the rolling stones further compounding my theory that in his world it is still the 1970’s and Watson was probably out on his chopper!
No sign either this week of regular Simon “wobbly” Grogen or Steve “long distance” Butcher.
The three of us headed out for a steady descent of a damp battery hill before stretching our legs a bit along the levels. “Tank engine” pulled away on the stretch to Rye past Camber as big Andy and I got chatting about time trials.
We decided to stay together for a while from Rye to Broad Oak but after about a mile “tank engine” waved big Andy and I on. We stayed together for quite a distance with the big man doing some good work on the front for which I repaid by dropping him like a stone for the last half mile!
PB For Dancing Queen
On regrouping at Broad Oak the big fella and “tank engine” agreed not to do the delightful little climb of Stonestile as big Andy had a tt on Sunday and “tank engine” just didn’t fancy it.
I waved goodbye to my two comrades at Westfield and headed for a one man assault on Stonestile! Feeling good and having watched a youtude video about how Contador dances on his peddles when he climbs I came over all Saturday night fever and made like John Travolta up the hill!
This actually worked and to my surprise resulted in a pb!
Next weeks ride… and dance class will be at the same time and place ( Fairlight lodge 7:30 meet. Leave at 7:35). Look forward to seeing more people


No comments:

Post a Comment