Tuesday 19 January 2016

Extremly Truncated BBR Report

Lord Buss back on the BBR until March 
It was great to be on the BBR and Pre BBR last Saturday and to do some more pacy cycling.  I was a bit worried about my fitness as I've been doing a lot less lately, but I was quite pleased with my performance.  It was only Neil and I on the Pre BBR, but we met up with Duncan on the way down from the icy wastelands of Beachy.  There was a great turnout on the BBR - with a couple of new faces (to me anyway.) and once the ground had thawed it was really pleasant in the wintry sunshine.  We did the Hailsham variation to avoid risks of icy lanes and regrouped at various points. Back at the Pevensey Bakery we settled down for some serious lard-age. I ordered a mini breakfast and when Paul B heard this he cancelled his egg and bacon sandwich in favour of a mini breakfast as he had worked out that this was better value.  Once I had explained that I was having an extra egg with mine he called the waitress over and asked if he could also have an extra egg.  After a few minutes he called the waitress over again and asked for a sausage.  This was too much for me and moments later I called her over for the third time and asked if I could have a sausage with mine as well. Bearing in mind that the place was 'heaving' we were lucky that she didn't tip the food over our heads. I am most painfully aware that sausages have cropped up yet again in one of my blogs and can only apologise.

Peter Buss

No comments:

Post a Comment