Sunday 16 October 2011

Hill Hunter (early bird report 16 Oct)


What fantastic weather we had today! As the weather was so good and the weather so dry we decided to do one our hilliest routes'The Ticehurst circular', this twisty route is normally only done in the summer. Present were myself, Paul, Ivan, Ade, Duncan and Tony. There are very few straight sections on this route which prompted Tony to call give me a new name of 'Hill Hunter' which I quite enjoyed. Having not ridden hard since Wednesday I must say it was nice not riding with stiff legs for once and none of the hills bothered me, not even the long drag (4 miles) up Witherenden Hill (Stonegate to Burwash). Tony coped much better with the hills today, these sort of rides are just what he needs to improve his climbing, although he was completely done in at the end. We had a few mechanicals on our journey: the cables on Paul's dérailleur kept seizing up, Duncan had a puncture, I toppled over on some gravel and broke the little cap on top of one of my shifters.
Total distance 49.4 miles, average speed 13.6 mph
S.C

No comments:

Post a Comment