Thursday 27 October 2011

Western Moves. Chaingang 26th October

23 riders, with 6 or 7 over from Eastbourne & Pevensey. Max and I had a nice chat on front - club run style until Bexhill, where Shaun launched the first attack of many. Small groups and lone riders broke away and reformed several times in a wild west scramble for Pevensey, John Eastbourne showing strong form. After Spooky Hill I was losing touch, and was grateful to Alex and Matt coming thru to close the gap. Finally a half dozen or so regrouped for a lineout to the roundabout.

Matt's first ride on fixed, grumbling about too low a gear, 46x17 or something - I recently changed mine up to 48x15 from 46x15 with a 17 on flip. Nevertheless we were all impressed by Matt's new flashing seatpost.

Swift ride back to Cooden where Matt went clear on the rise with Shaun & Shaun's mate chasing, I thought I was in for a free bus ride back up to Matt who'd now solved his gear problem - spinning off over the horizon, when my bus suddenly stopped and turned back West. Swavek came along in a minute and we had all but closed on Matt by the lights, Stuart from Eastbourne nipping thru to arrive first.

CW

No comments:

Post a Comment